Advocates for cycling
In addition to providing bikes to community members in need, we are part of a motivated and diverse collection of groups and individuals that are constantly advocating for infrastructure to be built, repaired and maintained with cycling in mind.
Reno Bike Project has fostered several partnerships throughout the community and with national organizations. Staff and board members are active members of various local and regional advocacy groups. Through these partnerships RBP educates a broader audience and takes part in the most recent strategies for advocacy.
Serving our community
In line with our mission, RBP takes an active roll in advocating for cycling in the community. Currently, staff and board members hold key positions and are involved in various organizations including but not limited to:
- The Regional Transportation Commission’s Citizens
- Multimodal Advisory Committee
- Nevada State Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Advisory Board
- Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance
- The Alliance for Biking and Walking
- The League of American Cyclists
- Reno Wheelmen
- Safe Routes to Schools
- University of Nevada Reno Bicycle Working Group