Bike Repair Class
The Bicycle Repair Class is nine weeks long and held quarterly every Thursday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at our main community bike shop at 216 E. Grove Street. The class requires a refundable $50 deposit upon completion of 8 volunteer hours at RBP following the bike repair class.
Each week covers a different mechanical system on the bicycle and introduces new aspects of maintenance. Students work on bicycles provided by RBP, which, at the end of the course, will be set aside and subsidized to low-income individuals through our Biggest Little Commuter Program. The Bicycle Repair Class has been offered since 2014 and is a great all-rounder introductory course to bicycle maintenance and repair.
2021 Tentative Class Dates:
- Bonus Session: 9/23 – 11/18
***This class is open to Reno Bike Project members only and spaces are limited. Learn more about our membership program here***
- Week 1 – Bike Inspection and Prep
- Week 2 – Wheels: Inspection and Hub Overhaul
- Week 3 – Wheels: Truing and Dishing
- Week 4 – Bottom Bracket and Headset
- Week 5 – Makeup and Review
- Week 6 – Cables and Housing
- Week 7 – Brake Setup
- Week 8 – Shifter Setup and Chain
- Week 9 – Makeup and Review/End-of-Session Party