In the company of many other cities where it’s great to be a cyclist, we’ve brought monthly Slow Rolls to Reno! What’s a Slow Roll, now?
It’s a group bicycle ride that follows a pre-designed route, which will change each month to give riders a new experience and an evolving understanding of riding in Reno. Slow Rolls are for EVERYONE, so no matter how old/young and (in)experienced you may be, no matter what kind of bicycle you ride, you are welcome. We follow a different route every month, we roll slow, and we stick together (we sometimes get spread out between lights, but have no fear; the “bike slinky” effect keeps us together, and we’ll have “sweepers” to make sure no one is lost.
Haute August Bikes
In an effort to encourage people to ride their bikes to cultural events and gatherings, Reno Bike Project provides a free Bike Valet Parking service for many events throughout the year. No need to bring a lock. This service is safe and secure with volunteers watching your bike the entire time. Just look for the giant Bike Valet sign and ask a volunteer to park your bike.
Upcoming Bike Valet events:
- RenOpen Streets, October 17 from 10-3
Additionally you can catch Bike Valet at other events as we provide the service else where given available resources.
Borrow the Bike Racks
We will loan out the bike racks given that it does not conflict with our calendar of events. Generally we have lent the racks to bike races, long group rides, charity events, etc. We ask for a $100 donation for rack use. If you are interested in borrowing or using the bike racks for an event of your own please call (775) 323-4488 or contact us.
Other RBP Events
- We’ll be pouring beers for you and all your friends at Canfest, August 29 at the Peppermill. Sign up to volunteer for a shirt and tote full of beer!
- Our 10th birthday is October 1! You can come wrench with us at the shop, or buy us gifts.
- The first-ever RenOpen Streets event is on October 17. Ride on down and rule the street!
- We will be hosting our annual Bike Swap during RenOpen Streets!