In the company of many other cities where it’s great to be a cyclist, we’ve brought monthly Slow Rolls to Reno! What’s a Slow Roll, now?
It’s a group bicycle ride that follows a pre-designed route, which will change each month to give riders a new experience and an evolving understanding of riding in Reno. Slow Rolls are for EVERYONE, so no matter how old/young and (in)experienced you may be, no matter what kind of bicycle you ride, you are welcome. We follow a different route every month, we roll slow, and we stick together (we sometimes get spread out between lights, but have no fear; the “bike slinky” effect keeps us together, and we’ll have “sweepers” to make sure no one is lost.
This month’s slow roll celebrates the differences in identity that make us all special, and promotes LGBTQIA visibility in our community. We’ll make stops at different landmarks for group photoshoots with props. Ride departs from RBP’s parking lot on June 12 at 6:15p.
In an effort to encourage people to ride their bikes to cultural events and gatherings, Reno Bike Project provides a free Bike Valet Parking service for many events throughout the year. No need to bring a lock. This service is safe and secure with volunteers watching your bike the entire time. Just look for the giant Bike Valet sign and ask a volunteer to park your bike.
Upcoming Bike Valet events:
- Reno’s Earth Day Celebration @ Idlewild Park – April 26, 2016
- Bike Week’s Midtown Monday @ Statewide Lighting, 1311 S. Virginia – May 11, 2015
- City of Reno’s Wednesday Night Artown Events @ Wingfield Park
Additionally you can catch Bike Valet at other events as we provide the service else where given available resources.
Borrow the Bike Racks
We will loan out the bike racks given that it does not conflict with our calendar of events. Generally we have lent the racks to bike races, long group rides, charity events, etc. We ask for a $100 donation for rack use. If you are interested in borrowing or using the bike racks for an event of your own please call (775) 323-4488 or contact us.
Other RBP Events
- Our Program Director will sit on a Discussion Panel following the UNR Campus Cycling Coalition’s showing of the film Aftermass on Friday, May 1 at the Wells Fargo Auditorium in the Knowledge Center.
- We’re way involved in Bike Week, which runs May 9-16. See the Bike Washoe webpage for all the details on Bike Week. RBP will be present at Midtown Monday and will host open-to-the-public Ladies’ Night (Tuesday) and Dan’s Night (Wednesday), the Bike to Work Pancake Feed (Friday), and the We HeArt Bikes Art Show (Saturday). Are you an artist? We’re accepting submissions!
- Catch us at the Reno Mini Maker Faire on Saturday, May 30 at the UNR Innovation Center & The Discovery Museum’s South Side School.
- We’ll be pouring beers for you and all your friends at Canfest, August 29 at the Peppermill.
- Our birthday is October 1! You can come wrench with us at the shop, or buy us gifts.