Reno Bike Project was built by volunteers and we have a constant need for many kinds of help—for people with specific skills as well as those open to learning and supporting daily operations. If you are interested in volunteering you can come by the shop and discuss it with us, or fill out a Volunteer Application. You’ll hear from staff within the week. Additionally, you can volunteer for community service hours or intern for school credit.
Some specific roles we can always use help with:
- Community Outreach/Bike Valet—We provide Bike Valet Parking for several events throughout the year and man outreach tables at several others. If you have interest in being a voice for the Reno Bike Project please contact us and we will send you a schedule of events.
- Greeters—Especially during the summer months, we need help with greeting people who visit the shop and directing them to the appropriate place. Some bike knowledge is a plus but isn’t totally necessary.
- Shop Improvements—The shop constantly needs to be improved upon. If you have a skill or trade like plumbing, carpentry, electrical, etc. we can probably use your assistance. If you would like to volunteer your services in such a way please contact us and we will find a job for you.
- Mechanics—We can always use help wrenching. Experienced mechanics that have a well-rounded knowledge of bikes are a great help during open hours or during classes, and volunteering will teach you how to teach others. If you’re interested in becoming a wrench but don’t know much yet, we’ll teach you here!
- Miscellaneous—If you have an idea of a different way to help out we would love to hear it. Please come by the shop or shoot us an email.
- Join our email list to stay in the loop with any upcoming volunteer needs!
Here are a few 2017 events we’ll need extra help with. If you can help, please email Genevieve:
- Running the Bike Valet with us at Reno Earth Day on April 23, 10am-6pm
- Serving up pancakes and other goodies at the annual Bike Week Pancake Feed on May 19, 6-10am
- Keeping things under control at our shop by lending a hand the weekend before Burning Man—August 24-27
- Fixing up kids’ bikes for Freewheels for Kids at the shop on December 2 & December 9, 11am-3pm
Your generosity helps support our educational and philanthropic programs and allows us to continue to grow. We greatly appreciate any donation; no matter how big or small, every contribution helps. Please visit our Donate page for more information.
Become a Member
When you become an RBP member you will be supporting our organization and providing a means for us to continue pursuing our goal of making the Truckee Meadows one of the greatest cycling communities in the county.
Whether you are looking to volunteer or just want to come and enjoy the festivities, attending RBP events is a great way to get involved and meet other bike loving folks. Check out our ongoing events on the Events page.